Pages

06 March 2011

Little Stalky's Pestle and Mortar


Which is the pestle and which is the
mortar?
 We popped into the dreaded shopping centre earlier on today, to print some photos for our scrapbook.  Whilst Mystical Roo and I were arguing with a computer, El Kenco and Biltong Boy slipped off unoticed.  When they returned I noticed that El Kenco was holding a bag.  It was a gift.  A gift?  For Little Stalky and Mystical Roo.  For Little Stalky and Mystical Roo!  How delightful.  But what could it be.  We got back to the car and I revealed the gift to be a granite pestle and mortar.  I was over the moon.  I've been coveting a pestle and mortar for as long as I can remember and El Kenco had obviously picked up on this.  I've attached a photograph of my wonderful new pestle and mortar. It's wonderfully heavy and really looks the part.  I've been grinding fennel seeds just because I can.  In fact, I can't stop grinding fennel seeds.  We have no need for fennel seeds at the moment, won't be using them in any recipes, but honesly I don't care.  I was just so happy that I could grind, regardless of any need to grind.  Previously, when I've needed a pestle and mortar, I've used a wooden spoon in a bowl.  It just doesn't cut it.  It takes ages and there's the added risk of getting a fennel seed in the eye.  The pestle and mortar does the job in seconds.  It's straight down to business and there's no flying seeds!  Not one.  It's perfect.  It will be given pride of place on the kitchen counter because I don't just want to use it, I want to flaunt it!  Now if someone can just tell me which bit is the pestle and which bit is the mortar then I'll be really happy.

3 comments:

  1. The mestle is the one part, and the portar is the other. Obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think it's the other way round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you two are no help. Honestly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...