Pages

04 March 2011

Random Sunburn

I do try my best to look after my skin in the sun.  You have to be careful for health reasons and honestly, no one likes the leather look.  I prefer the snowman look - slathered in so much suntan lotion you can't tell if it's a girl or perhaps some giant albino rabbit...I must say I don't much resemble a rabbit.  Not really.  Anyway, after spending the day on the beach yesterday with El Kenco and Biltong Boy I managed to get myself a most random patch of sunburn on my thigh.  And it was really sore!  I haven't burnt myself in a long time so I'm not really sure what went wrong yesterday.  I'm fairly sure I didn't miss a patch - what with the slathering and all.  I can only think that I must have been sat in one position far too long and had the sun focus it's fury on that one patch of my skin.  I was not amused and have been complaining about it ever since.  I put on some after sun and awaited the pain of the next morning.  But oddly, the pain never came.  In fact, I woke up this morning and the red had pretty much gone brown and it was like the burning had never occurred.  Even more random!  I wasn't complaining though.  Pain gone = good.  Bright red skin gone = good.  Now I'm even more cautious and have been layering it on really thick today.  The suntan lotion that is.  I'm pretty sure I now have a second skin of sunscreen.  No wonder I slid right off my body board.

2 comments:

  1. Beaches, body boards, sunshine? We're not jealous... not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not at all dammit. (And where's my daily photo?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...