Pages

26 March 2011

Little Stalky Tries to Leave the Gym

I've made the decision to cancel my gym membership.  I've done what I'm sure many others have done in the past.  Joined the gym with good intentions, initially used the gym, gradually got bored of the gym, made excuses not to go to the gym and now have a gym membership that I pay for but don't really use.  This is not a good use of money.  Especially when you're on a budget!  I really enjoyed the yoga classes but, as Mystical Roo pointed out, I'd rather pay for a specific yoga class or, as Monster Noggin pointed out, buy a new yoga DVD once a month, than pay for a whole gym membership.  And there is so much exercise out there that can be done for free.  I walk to work often enough!  And what with all the adventures I have in day to day life, it's not like I don't work up a sweat once in a while.  I was spurred on by the fact that both Monster Noggin and Mystical Roo have cancelled their gym membership.  If they're not going then I'm definitely not going.  But I have a feeling that cancelling my gym membership isn't going to be as easy as I'd hoped.  I made an initial call at work a day or so ago.  Hello, I'd like to cancel my gym membership please.  The man who answered the phone was initially very polite, but as soon as I said those words - cancel my gym membership - I could sense a change in atmosphere.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.  Maybe not.  But I've seen the Friends episode where they try to quit the gym!  No one wants you to quit the gym!  He muttered something about checking and then put me on hold.  He came back to say no, I couldn't do it over the phone, I had to come in personally to sign a form.  Sign a form?  Why do I have to sign a form to cancel my membership.  Can't I just stop coming and stop paying.  Now I'll have to face actual people who'll give me evils and ask me why I've dared to leave the gym.  The other annoying thing is that I won't be able to get up there until Monday at least.  My shifts at work don't allow me to get home in time to get to the gym (another reason for cancelling) and I don't have a car to drive myself up there in my lunch break.  So now I have to wait for my day off to trudge all the way up to the gym to cancel the stupid gym membership.  And I bet I get charged for these days in between.  These days where I can't get to the gym.  I told Monster Noggin and Mystical Roo about my plight and they informed me that all they'd done was send an email.  Send an email!  Why I can't I just send an email?  Why do I have to make a personal appearance?  All of this has put me in a thoroughly bad mood - watch out for rain clouds!  At least, when I finally do get up to the gym to cancel the stupid gym membership, I'll be in the frame of mind not to get walked over by anyone.  I will be cancelling my gym membership and if you try to argue with me there'll be hell to pay.  We'll see how it goes.  

2 comments:

  1. Send an email, cancel the payment, go in person and if necessary remind them about the previous problem. So SUE me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell them you've got an unbelievably contagious disease; and are moving to Iceland for the air.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...