Pages

05 March 2011

Little Stalky Gets Car Sick

With Mystical Roo back from Brisbane we decided to take El Kenco and Biltong Boy on a drive to see some nearby waterfalls.  An excellent idea.  Except for one problem.  The dreaded road known as Jamberoo Mountain Road.  It's steep, it's bendy, it's narrow and if you're in a caravan then you're in serious trouble.  So caravans and such had better beware.  And if you're a Little Stalky prone to car sickness then you'd better brace yourself.  I've been up and down that road before and suffered as much.  This time I tried to prepare myself.  I sat in the front.  I made sure I wasn't hungry (an empty stomach never seems to help.)  I had my little sea bands on.  I had water.  I had the window open.  But still, by the time we'd reached the top and pulled over at a look out point I was curled up in a whimpering little ball, shaking and wondering if I would have to be sick out the window.  Car sickness is one of the most horrible feelings and as I the older the get the worse I seem to suffer.  Is there such a thing as age related car sickness?  Honestly!  Everyone else was fine and I was just a mess.  My head was dizzy, my stomach was flip flopping and I just wanted to make it all go away.  Horrid.  But worth it when we got to see the waterfalls, which were magnificent.  On the return trip we decided it would be best if I drove back as this somehow seems to thwart the carsickness.  Indeed it did and I was happily winding my way down Jamberoo Mountain Road without a care in the world.  I'm not sure how happy the others were though...

2 comments:

  1. I remember that road well - hairpin bends all the way. I feel a bit giddy just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep an industrial pack of Size 4 Sick-u-like bags in the boot; there's no solution!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...