Pages

19 March 2011

New Additions to the Garden


Was going to post a photo of the pot with the
lemon tree but due to rain, we've been rained
off.  Bloody rain.
 I was very spoilt on my recent birthday and was showered with the most lovely gifts.  Amongst my lovely gifts were new additions for the balcony.  Oh the excitement of it all.  So the latest newcomers joining Little Stalky's family of plants are...Mint, Basil and Oregano.  Yay!  Imagine much squealing and bouncing and then more squealing and you get a rough idea of the excitement.  Not only that but Monster Noggin bought me the amazing plant pot that I've been eyeing up for the past few months.  It's so beautiful.  It reminds me of an old fashioned barrel, chopped in half.  The lemon tree is going to be rehoused in the new pot.  Man that lemon tree will look so stylish.  Then, with my experience of mint being that it grows rather enthusiastically, the mint will be potted in the lemon tree's previous house.  Then I run out of pots.  Mystical Roo has kindly brought me home two buckets from work, which I will use for the potting of the basil and the oregano.  I think I'm going to need two more pots on top of that though as the strawberry's feeler now has two separate plants growing on it, both of which have put out roots.  My God, it's all go on the balcony at the moment.  I'm not sure I can keep up!  

5 comments:

  1. Did you get the birthday case of Champagne I sent? I addressed it to 'Little Stalky, Oz'. Was that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there still room for my sunlounger on the balcony?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well normally I would say that would be fine but no, I haven't received it! I did see something on the news about packages being intercepted by land dwelling sharks. And one was arrested for me being drunk and disorderly. It's all adding up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, that last sentence doesn't make too much sense. Or does it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's still room for the sunlounger as long as you don't mind sharing with a plant. The lemon tree is very friendly you know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...