Pages

12 March 2011

Mystical Roo and Biltong Boy go Surfing

Ok, I'll admit it.  I wrote this one in advance.  But I knew I was going to be parted from my laptop on Saturday so thought I'd try and be organised.  My laptop, bless it's little cotton socks, cannot cope without being plugged in, leaving my battery to splutter along for about ten minutes before failing totally.  Needless to say, I can't take my laptop anywhere where it can't be plugged in.  And as I've booked us an unpowered site for the weekend, I don't think it's going to get much juice.  But then, when out camping, you don't really want to be lugging around all your technology.  You want to get back to nature.  Be at one with the kangaroos!  And what not.  But anyway, as you read this we will either be on our way to, having, or finished surf lessons.  When I say we, I refer solely to Mystical Roo and Biltong Boy.  Wimps that we are, El Kenco and I have resigned ourselves to sitting on the beach and watching.  I like the idea of being able to surf but I'm not a strong swimmer and the idea of getting tumbled under a huge wave does not appeal.  Mystical Roo and Biltong boy are both very excited about learning to surf and so I've booked them a two hour session at a beach in South Durras.  The surfing dude who I booked it with promised me it was a fifteen minute drive from our camp.  Google maps tells me it's more like forty minutes from the camp.  Who to believe?  The surfer dude or Google maps.  Monster Noggin assures me that in surfer dude land that fifteen minutes is certainly more like an hour.  Google maps it is then.  Though it could have been my ears letting me down again.  Maybe the surfer dude said fifty minutes and I heard fifteen minutes.  Either way I've informed the troops that we shall be departing camp at 09.00 and if we're there early then oh well, there are worse things than having to sit on the beach waiting for a surfer dude.  El Kenco and I will be armed with cameras, ready to watch them do their thing.  I'll be able to report back about this and the rest of the camping trip on my return.  We should be back at some point on Sunday.  As long as we don't get taken captive by a horde of kangaroos...

1 comment:

  1. Wonder what sort of night you had under canvas. Any spider crises? Early morning call from the dawn chorus? Looking forward to seeing the photos of the surf dudes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...