Pages

02 March 2011

A Surreal Start Can Only Lead to Trouble


photographed against a green chopping board
 Well it's been a surreal day today.  Firstly because of an unusual wake up call in the form of a random man.  And I'm not talking Mystical Roo because he was up at the crack of dawn to fly back to Brisbane again.  No.  This was an unidentified random man.  I awoke to a strange sound that seemed to me to be a mixture of someone slamming the wardrobe doors - very enthusiastically I might add - and slamming the shower door.  I couldn't understand why anyone would be marching about the house slamming doors.  I immediately blamed the bamboo loving neighbours.  Who else could it be?  But when the blur of sleep finally cleared I realised that it was someone outside my bedroom window.  Outside my bedroom window?  What on earth?!  Just outside the bedroom window is a tin roof, which overhangs the entrance to the hairdressers.  And this morning there was someone thundering around on my tin roof at approximately 07.30.  Again, what on earth?!  The sound of heavy boots mixed with the tin roof did not make for a polite wake up call.  Intrigued, I went to peer out of the curtains.  And almost fell over when I came face to face with a random man and his hosepipe.  There is nothing dodgy about this.  He really was holding a hosepipe.  Then I realised I was in my nightie and should probably back away from the window.  Which I promptly did.  But I had several questions.  Who was this man on the roof?  Why had no one told us there would be a random man on the roof?  Why was the random man on the roof, on the roof so early in the morning?  Why did the random man have a hosepipe?  All in all it was a strange start to the day.  So with a strange start it only seems appropriate to have a strange end.  Therefore I give you Kevin the Carrot (as pictured).  The result of El Kenco + Little Stalky + beer / left over carrot from lunch + hand crafted sunglasses - Mystical Roo.  There has been much giggling.  

1 comment:

  1. Too many margaritas and beer I suspect. I thought you'd given up alcohol?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...