Pages

16 March 2011

Happy Birthday Little Stalky

Yes, it's a very special today.  It's Little Stalky's birthday!  And today I shall be turning 26.  A fact that El Kenco likes to taunt me with as she's a whole 18 months younger than me.  Bah!  This year I have El Kenco to keep me company for the day, which I'm really pleased about.  We have plans of going clothes shopping, returning for lunch and drinks at the Blue Diamond cocktail bar before heading off to the Hungry Duck for a birthday dinner.  It's set to be a damned good day.  I'm going to ask the plants if they'll sing happy birthday to me.  You know.  Just as a treat.  We'll see how that goes.  So, 26 years old feels a bit surreal.  I know it's not old - though El Kenco would beg to differ - but it feels like it's come round really fast.  It didn't feel like that long ago that I was turning 18.  My how time flies.  But I feel happy with my achievements and with where I am in my life.  I've had my adventures, battled gremlins and am lucky to have the most amazing family ever, both this side of the world and the other.  No doubt El Kenco and I will be raising a glass of margarita at some point today.  So cheers everybody. 

2 comments:

  1. Is that a lemon tree I can hear harmonising with the chillis? Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Little Stalky, happy birthday to yooooooooooooooooooooooooooou! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me singing the descant! HB. Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...