Pages

11 March 2011

Little Stalky and Co. Go Camping


Pretty Beach - I can see the kangaroos already!

Today is the day of the camping trip!  Two nights in the Murramarang National Park where I've been told we can expect to see an abundance of Eastern Grey Kangaroos, swamp wallabies (what the?), brushtail possums and a variety of birds.  I've selected Pretty Beach as our destination, which is about two hours South of where we're currently based.  I've no idea what it will be like but with a name like Pretty Beach, surely it's got to be, well, pretty.  The pictures indicate it has views of the beach and also, providing the weather is right, the opportunity to have little campfires.  How cool!  We'd originally hoped to camp at Pebbly Beach, which is renowned for it's sightings of wild kangaroos, but when I phoned them they said I couldn't book and it was a case of first come, first served.  I didn't like the idea of turning up, only to be told that there was no room.  I have to be a bit more organised than that.  El Kenco was pleased to discover that our newly selected camping ground will actually have hot showers.  So we've got our tent, sleeping bags and camping chairs.  Mystical Roo has cooked and frozen a curry ready for tonight.  We've got bacon and eggs ready for the morning.  We've got beer and cards for the evening.  Now as long as somone's packed the mallet, we should be fine!

1 comment:

  1. You nearly gave me a heart attack. I thought your headline said 'Little Stalky and Cro, go Camping'.

    Of course, I would; as long as the campsite is called Ritz, Savoy, or Majestic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...