Pages

20 March 2011

Little Stalky: Queen of the Clouds

After recently confirming that I can predict a storm with my headaches I've now started to wonder if I can actually influence the weather with my moods.  Could this actually be possible?  Does Little Stalky really have this kind of power?  Well, lets look at the facts.  Roughly three weeks ago I was super excited that El Kenco would be making her first visit to Australia.  On the day of her arrival the skies were blue, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and the land dwelling sharks were getting their groove on.  I'm not saying I can influence the animals but I guess the weather can in turn influence them.  They were happy.  I was happy.  We were all happy.  Then, three weeks on, the inevitable happens and El Kenco has to return back to England.  Much sadness.  Little Stalky is not happy.  El Kenco is not happy.  So since the day we drove El Kenco to the airport it's been grey and raining.  Grey and raining!  The weather has been as dark as my mood.  I went to bed last night feeling rather low as I was missing El Kenco and also battling with the other inevitable event: heading back to work.  Double whammy.  And all night it absolutely poured with rain.  It was hammering down and was so loud that it woke me up a number of times.  Then I couldn't get back to sleep as I was imagining the balcony flooding again - even though it had been ok all day - and my babies drifting away in an over sized puddle!  Stressful.  This morning I'm trying to get back into routine, setting my alarm, making my sandwiches, but I think it's going to be a long day ahead.  And so the clouds are churning outside, looking dark and menacing, threatening another downpour.  So it seems to me that I do have influence over the weather.  And if this is in fact the case, then I need to cheer up before people start lynching me over the rain.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...