Pages

28 March 2011

Running Out of Tea Bags

A shocking thing happened this morning.  I ran out of teabags.  Yes, shocking.  Not only because I had allowed this to happen but because I was unable to have my morning cup of tea.  How had I allowed the teabags to dwindle?  Surely I had noticed that there were only a few left.  Why did I not replace them?  I don't know.  I honestly don't know.  But I paid for it when I went tealess this morning.  I don't know at what stage of life a cup of tea became an essential part of my morning ritual but I seem to rely on it to wake me up.  It's refreshing and goes rather nicely with a bowl of cereal or plate of raisin toast.  I didn't even have any juice in the house this morning.  It was horrendous.  I'm not a big coffee drinker and I certainly don't have it with breakfast so I had to settle for a glass of water.  A glass of water?  It's just not the same.  I set about my daily tasks but I'm pretty sure I wasn't on top form this morning and I'm pretty sure this was because I hadn't had my cup of tea.  Wandering up to the gym to cancel my membership (a success by the way), I was thinking about a cup of tea the whole time.  I returned home via Woolies and was sure to pick up a nice big box of tea bags.  When I got back, the first thing I did was make myself a cup of tea.  In my giant Eeyore mug.  Perfect.  I'm back to normal now.  Well, as normal as I can be.  Who knew I was powered by tea!  

3 comments:

  1. Have you considered a career in Tea Advertising?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cro Magnon's got a point. I think you'd do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I suppose there would be lots of actual tea drinking. Know your product and all that. Ok, I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...