Pages

21 March 2011

Tomato Down!

What's the first thing you like to do when you get up in the morning?  Brush your teeth?  Have some breakfast?  Pester your Mystical Roo for a cup of tea?  Don your leopard print wellingtons, grab yourself a broom and head outside - in your nightie - to clear the drain that has blocked once again?  Not my first choice of activity but necessary if one wants to save their beloved plants.  Deja-vu?  Too many bloody questions?  Yes.  The balcony has flooded again.  Damn my weather controlling ways!  Damn them!!!  The plants didn't seem too concerned but I had noticed the loss of several tomatoes overnight.  It was a sad sight to seem them floating about in the flood water like little red...things.  I think I lost about four in total.  Four whole tomatoes.  I can only assume that during the storm last night they were snatched from the plant and cruelly thrown into the water.  The horror.  Either that or we've got a case of night time land dwelling shark activity.  Unlikely though as I hear they're not fond of wet weather.  They are land dwelling after all.  I have offered the lost tomatoes to the Johns in the tree outside, hoping that something good can come of this.  Lets just hope the Johns don't get a taste for tomatoes and come looking for more.  Perhaps I didn't think this through.  On a brighter note, the mint is already growing like a monster.  I can see he is going to need repotting in the very near future.  I think I might team him up with the lemon tree in the battle against next door's bamboo.  A cunning plan.  

1 comment:

  1. I can see that you'll soon have to move. You need about 10 acres to house your ever expanding plantation. Nice looking toms.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...